Chocolate Mousse in a Mint Chocolate Basket with Mixed Berries and Galliano Liquor
A few complications to make the baskets but after that, it is a bit of a cheat. :lol:
- ½ block of compound cooking chocolate – dark or milk
- 4 drops peppermint oil
- 6 rubber moulds for chocolate basket
- Packet chocolate mousse mixture
- Tia Maria
- Macadamia syrup
- Seasonal berries or chocolate strips and icing sugar for decoration
- First, you need to make the chocolate basket. Get a large saucepan and add 2 inches of water, and allow it to boil. Set a corningware dish to sit on top of the rim of the saucepan of boiled water, ensuring no water splashes into the corningware dish. Melt a half block of compound cooking chocolate in the corningware dish, adding 4 drops of peppermint oil (optional). When the chocolate has fully melted, remove the saucepan from the stove, and turn off, again ensuring no water splashes into the corningware dish.
- Get 6 rubber moulds and coat each with the chocolate mixture, and put each mould on a tray and place in the freezer until the chocolate shells are rock hard. Slowly and carefully remove the rubber moulds leaving the chocolate shells whole.
- Put these to the side whilst preparing the (packet) chocolate mousse mixture. Add Tia Maria or coffee liquor with macadamia syrup for a richer flavour. Prepare the mousse mixture as per the directions on the packet. Once the mixture is prepared, slowly fill each shell up to the rim, and decorate with seasonal berries or chocolate strips. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Burgled from lifestylefood