Loton Park Tennis Pavilion
29 Bulwer Street (cnr Bulwer and Lord streets)
William Loton sold Loton’s Paddock to the Perth City Council in 1904 to be used as a public reserve.
The Pavilion was erected circa 1917 with a wide, raised verandah for spectators.
State Heritage listed.
While there are now two artificially surfaced courts, the majority of matches are still played on grass.
It is still covered in a slate roof. There are a number of old buildings in Perth which use this roofing style but the Loton Park Tennis Club is one of the few places where it is possible to see it at close quarters.