Posted on July 31, 2011 by archiearchive FCD
List of all the shops located in Diagon Alley:
- 2nd Hand Brooms: A shop that sells used broomsticks.
- Amanuensis Quills: A shop that sells quills. It is next to Madam Malkin’s Robes For All Occasions shop.
- Broomstix: A shop that sells broomsticks.
- Eeylops Owl Emporium: A pet store located in Diagon Alley that sells owls and things that will help owls, like Owl Treats. It sells a variety of breeds, including Screech, Barn, Tawny, Brown, and Snowy.
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour: It was owned and operated by Florean Fortescue, and was located at Diagon Alley.
- Flourish and Blotts: A popular bookstore in Diagon Alley where most Hogwarts students purchase their schoolbooks.
- Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop: Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop is located in Diagon Alley. Fred and George, and Lee Jordan stocked up on Dr. Filibuster’s Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks.
- Gringotts Wizarding Bank: Gringotts is the only known bank of the wizarding world. It was created by the goblin Gringott. It is located in Diagon Alley and is owned and run by Goblins. In addition to storing money and valuables for wizards, one can go there to exchange Muggle money for wizarding money.
- Junk shop: A shop that sells secondhand items such as broken wands, lopsided scales, etc.
- The Leaky Cauldron: A popular Wizarding pub in London. It is the entrance to Diagon Alley.
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions: Sometimes simply referred to as Madam Malkin’s, it is a shop in Diagon Alley. Students get their Hogwarts school uniforms there, and also dress robes, travelling cloaks, and the like.
- Madam Primpernelle’s Beautifying Potions: Located at 275 Diagon Alley, this store helps witches getting rid of “warts and worse”.
- Magical Menagerie: One of the shops where students buy their pets and supplies.
- Obscurus Books: Located at 18a Diagon Alley, Obscurus is a Wizarding book publisher. Its range of titles include the popular Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Ollivander’s Wand Shop: Ollivander’s Wand Shop is the sole wand shop of Diagon Alley. Peeling gold letters over the door of the shop read: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.. The shop’s display consists of a solitary wand laying on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window. The shop is tiny, empty except for a single, spindly chair in the corner. Thousands of narrow boxes containing wands are piled right up to the ceiling of the tiny shop, and the whole place has a thin layer of dust about it.
- Potage’s Cauldron Shop: A shop that sells cauldrons.
- Quality Quidditch Supplies: A store in Diagon Alley. Its main products are things having to do with Quidditch such as Quaffles, Bludgers, and broomsticks.
- Scribbulus Writing Instruments: A shop that sells ink and presumably other stationary items (quills, parchment).
- Secondhand robe shop: A shop that sells secondhand robes.
- Slug & Jiggers Apothecary: Where students buy their potion ingredients.
- Sugarplum’s Sweets Shop: A shop that sells confections.
- TerrorTours: Located at 59 Diagon Alley, TerrorTours is presumably a travel agency for wizards and witches.
- The Ministry Press: A publishing house affiliated to the Ministry of Magic.
- The Daily Prophet’s main office: Presumably where the Daily Prophet newspapers are printed.
- Twilfitt and Tatting’s: Twilfitt and Tatting’s is a wizarding clothing shop located in Diagon Alley. Given that it is favoured by elitist pure-blood witch Narcissa Malfoy, it is probably an upmarket shop.
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes: Located at 93 Diagon Alley, it is a joke shop in owned by Fred and George Weasley. It sells practical joke objects, such as Extendable Ears, a Reusable Hangman, and Fred and George’s special WonderWitch products, such as love potions and ten-second pimple remover. There is also a section of Muggle magic tricks in honour of their father Arthur. They’re not big sellers, but they do fairly well.
- Whizz Hard Books: Located at 129B Diagon Alley. Whizz Hard Books is a Wizarding book publisher. Its range of titles include the popular Quidditch Through the Ages and Hairy Snout, Human Heart.
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment: A miscellaneous equipment store.
- Various stalls and peddlers: There are a variety of street peddlers who take up space in between shops out on the main thoroughfare of Diagon Alley. Included are: a flower vendor, a vendor who is selling roasted chestnuts, and a jewellery vendor.
Filed under: lifestyle, literature