A School was begun on this site in 1906 by the Sisters of Mercy.
In 1915 the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Sacred Heart, founded by St Mary of the Cross, took over the running of the ‘church school’. The ‘church school’ was now called Mount St. Joseph’s and had an enrolment of 66 students.
In 1936 St. Columba Church was built and in 1938 the name of the school was changed to St. Columba’s School. Here is a shot of St Columba’s looking up from the Swan River floodplain.